100% Oatmeal is not only high in fibre which makes it satisfying, but filled with antioxidants as well. It is Gluten-free and vegan-friendly. Oats are rich in with essential minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, and iron. The consumption of oats has been associated with improved cardiovascular conditions, including a reduced risk of heart disease, anti-inflammatory properties and lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. Oats can also offer specific benefits for people with type 2 diabetes because of their low Glycemic Index. (Glycemic Index = a system of assigning a number to carbohydrate-containing foods according to how much each food increases blood sugar for guiding food choices).
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 cup wholegrain oats
- 2 cup unsweetened almond-, rice-, or oat milk
- 1 medium banana, mashed or other fruits and berries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon low fat Greek yogurt
- Put all ingredients into a small saucepan and turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring to a boil. Then, turn the heat down to low/medium and continually stir for around 3-5 minutes as the oatmeal cooks and thickens.
- Once oatmeal is at the desired consistency, remove from heat, and serve with yogurt.