Scrambled Eggs with Spinach
Using a non-stick pan and swapping skim milk for regular will keep your scrambled eggs on the healthy recipe list. Adding Spinach increases the health benefits. It contains niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fibre, vitamins A, C, E, and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves (chopped or torn)
- 2 slices of wholegrain toast
- berries or fruits
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat
- Crack the eggs into a medium-sized dish and beat the eggs+ break up the yolks completely.
- Add the milk, the salt and ground black pepper to the egg mixture. Whisk the mixture together well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the heated pan, using a wooden spoon or silicon tool to stir the egg mixture continuously as it cooks.
- When the eggs begin to take form, add the spinach to the pan.
- For about 2 minutes continue cooking the eggs and spinach until the spinach wilts and the eggs are no longer runny.
- Serve the eggs with a slice of whole-grain toast and some fresh fruit or berries.