What’s YOUR way of easing stress?
Tips for reducing stress
You can learn to manage stress and lead a happier, healthier live. You may want to begin with the following tips:
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Accept that there are events that you cannot control.
- Be assertive instead of aggressive. Assert your feelings, opinions, or beliefs instead of becoming angry, defensive, or passive. (easier said then done, EFT tapping can help to achieve that.)
- Learn and practice relaxation techniques (see below)
- Exercise regularly. Your body can fight stress better when it is fit.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Learn to manage your time more effectively.
- Set limits appropriately and say no to requests that would create excessive stress in your life -(practice will get you there)
- Make time for hobbies and interests.
- Get enough rest and sleep. Your body needs time to recover from stressful events.
- Don’t rely on alcohol, drugs, or compulsive behaviours to reduce stress.
- Socialize. Spend enough time with those you love.
Suggestions for relaxation techniques:
You can relax with simple means. For example by listening to music, reading, going for a walk, swimming, doing sports or going to a concert. Such methods relax because they create satisfaction. One also speaks of so-called passive methods.
But there are also active relaxation techniques. They have a targeted and systematic effect on the organism, for example:
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation according to Jacobsen
- Autogenic Training (Self-Hypnosis)
- Breathing Techniques
- Imagination exercises
I am trained in all of them and can help you to find Your way of relaxing.