Vegetables are low in calories but a rich sources of many nutrients, including potassium, dietary fibre, folate (folic acid), vitamin A, and vitamin C. For the dressing use vegetable broth instead of oil to safe calories. The lime juice provides plenty of vitamin C. Garlic has good amounts of vitamin C, selenium, manganese, and iron. Fresh mint enhances food with a burst of cool flavour and an added dose of vitamins, calcium, and antioxidants.
Ingredients (2 Servings)
- 150g mixed vegetables (for example: carrots, celery, cucumber, bell peppers)
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt, preferably low fat yogurt (8 ounces/225 g)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves,
- 1 tablespoons lime juice,
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable broth
- garlic to taste
Cut the vegetables into pieces. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, mint, lime juice, salt and the vegetable broth. Use a rasp grater to finely grate garlic into the bowl. Stir, taste and adjust salt and lime juice as needed. Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days.